These regional and national sources are listed as a service. They are not administered by Utah Arts & Museums; review them carefully before applying. Only museum-specific opportunities are listed here. Visit ArtOps for more funding opportunities.
- The Utah State Historical Records Advisory Board seeks proposals for fundamental archival activities that promote the preservation of and public access to Utah’s historical records and documents. Maximum award $750.
Deadline: December 20, 2013
- Utah Humanities Council Museum Interpretation Grants are available to small museums (annual operating budgets less than $200,000) to aid in telling the stories of their collections. Maximum award $2,000.
- The Institute of Museum and Library Services is accepting applications in each of its museum grant programs.
Museum Grants for African American History and Culture
Museums for America
National Leadership Grants for Museums
Native American/Native Hawaiian Museum Services Program
Sparks! Ignition Grants for Museums
Deadline: December 2, 2013
- The National Endowment for the Humanities Sustaining Cultural Heritage Collections helps cultural institutions meet the complex challenge of preserving large and diverse holdings of humanities materials for future generations by supporting preventive conservation.
Deadline: December 3, 2013
- High-Risk Research in Anthropology funding from the National Science Foundation gives small awards that provide investigators with the opportunity to assess the feasibility of an anthropological research project. The information gathered may then be used as the basis for preparing a more fully developed research program.
Deadline: December 31, 2013
- The National Endowment for the Humanities Museums, Libraries, and Cultural Organizations grants provide support for museums, libraries, historic places, and other organizations that produce public programs in the humanities. Grants support exhibitions, interpretation, book/film discussion programs, living history presentations, other face-to-face programs at public venues and interpretive websites and other digital formats.
Deadline: January 8, 2014
Contact Wendi Hassan at 801.860.6396.
Share your success and help us continue MuseOps. If you apply for or are awarded an opportunity you discovered on MuseOps, please let us know.