The Division of Arts and Museums will be hosting the American Alliance of Museum’s webinar “Takin’ it to the Streets: Successful Models for Museum Outreach” on Jan. 21st from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm. Please RSVP to Jennifer Ortiz by Jan. 19th.
- Heritage Preservation-Resources for Emergency Planning and Preparedness
- American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works (AIC) Response resources
- Northeast Document Conservation Center 24/7 Collections Emergency Phone Assistance
- Western States & Territories Preservation Assistance Service (WESTPAS)
- Getty Conservation Institute: Build your own emergency plan PDF
- Emergency Response and Salvage Wheel app for your smart phone
- Developing a Collections Management Policy, American Alliance of Museums Resource Guide
- International Council of Museums–Deaccessioning bibliography
- National Parks Service-Conserve O Grams
- Collections Storage Techniques from STASH
- Collections Care assistance from Connecting to Collections (C2C)
This e-newsletter contains timely information and articles for Utah museums. If you would like to receive it, please email Jennifer Ortiz at email@example.com.
A list of museum opportunities from local, national and international sources, including funding, exhibitions and professional development. Click HERE for MuseOps.
Resources for Nonprofit Organizations
Looking for help with volunteers, accessibility, strategic planning or starting up a new museum? Check out the toolkit for nonprofit arts organizations and museums. Click HERE for the nonprofit organization toolkit.
Museum Support Organizations
- Association of Registrars and Collections Specialists
- American Association for State and Local History
- Small Museum Association
- American Alliance of Museums
- Association for Living History, Farm and Agricultural Museums
- Association of Children’s Museums
- Association of College and University Museums and Galleries
- Institute of Museum and Library Service
- Conservation Center for Art and Historical Artifacts
- Museum Education Roundtable