All of State History’s publications are now easy to access, search, and read in our new SimpleDL digitial library system.
- Utah Archaeology an annual peer-reviewed journal published by State History and its partners.
- Antiquities Section Selected Papers, a monograph series designed to examine and interpret the prehistoric cultures of Utah.
- Utah Historical Quarterly has published the best of scholarly Utah history since 1928. Utah State Historical Society members receive the Quarterly as a benefit of membership.
- Beehive History, published annually from 1974 to 2002, contains short, interesting stories and photos about Utah’s past. Beehive History is a good source for student research and can be found in many Utah libraries and schools.
- Utah Centennial County History Series, recognizing the importance of Utah’s counties, the Utah State Legislature established in 1991 a Centennial History Project to write and publish county histories as part of Utah’s statehood centennial commemoration.
- History Blazer, published monthly from 1995-1996, news of Utah’s past from the Utah State Historical Society.
- Utah Preservation, a full-color magazine published annually from 1997-2007, highlights historic preservation efforts around the state.
- A Way of Seeing. Discovering the Art of Building in Spring City, Utah
- Brigham Street
- Building by the Railyard
- Carbon County: Eastern Utah’s Industrialized Island
- Corinne – The Gentile Capital of Utah
- Emery County: Reflections on Its Past and Future
- First 100 Years: A History of the Salt Lake Tribune
- Historic Buildings of Downtown Salt Lake City
- Let ‘Em Holler – A Political Biography of J. Bracken Lee
- Not by Bread Alone: The Journal of Martha Spence Heywood
- Of Work and Romance – Discovering Utah Barns
- On the Ragged Edge: The Life and Times of Dudley Leavitt
- San Juan County, Utah: People, Resources, and History
- The Architecture of Fort Douglas, Utah, 1862-1995
- The Avenues of Salt Lake City
- The Peoples of Utah
- Utah’s Historic Architecture, 1847-1940
Bracing for the Big One (1993) A practical guide to protecting your historic home against earthquake damage.
Adapting for Access: ADA Compliance in Historic Structures (pdf) A brochure on the Americans with Disabilities Act and historic buildings, developed in 1998.
Signs and Awnings for Downtowns (pdf) A workbook for business and property owners.
Restoring an Historic Commercial Building (pdf) A workbook for business and property owners.