Quick Search Hint: Enter Last Name and first letter of First Name only. Add more search criteria, such as birth year or burial place, only if your search yields too many responses.
To search quickly
Use the Standard Search and search by name without specifying a location or date. This is the fastest search available.
To see a list of all burials in a cemetery
Using the Standard Search, select the radio button next to Cemetery under Burial Place and select the cemetery from the drop down list. Leave all other fields blank. This will provide an alphabetical list of all names for that cemetery, 20 names at a time. If you see no names, it means that we don’t yet have the records for the cemetery in our database.
If you can’t find a name
If you can’t find a name of a person whom you know is in a given cemetery, try these ideas:
- Try a different name spelling
- Try just the first part of a name, or just the first letter of the first name
- Try the maiden name
- Use the Advanced Search. The Standard Search searches only the beginnings of a name, so if all you know is the middle or maiden name, you will need to use the Advanced Search.
- Go to the List of Cemeteries to see if the cemetery is included in the database yet.
- Remember, the database is not yet complete, and we are continuing to add information.