Note: Only authorized representatives of cemeteries may submit burial data for inclusion in the Utah Cemeteries and Burials database.
Do you have a correction to the database?
Would you like to survey a public or private cemetery? Follow these steps:
- Obtain written permission from the cemetery.
- Contact us about the correct format and submission of data, or if you have any questions. Amy Barry at 801-245-7247
Cemeteries my export to the Utah Burials Database all or part of their records, including updates (usually new burials since the last update).
Data can be submitted in any format. However, the preferred format is a comma-separated value (CSV) spreadsheet or in a Microsoft Excel file. Download and use our Microsoft Excel Template below. The submitted data should include the following fields:
|FATHER_NAME||John Burt Sr|
|SPOUSE_NAME||Mary Etta Seddon|
These tips will help ensure the data is correctly transferred into the Utah Burial Database.
- Make sure the fields contain data
- If you have no data for a field do not delete the column
- Any dates that are unknown please enter a 0 (zero)
- Other fields can be left blank if you have no data
- Please do not add any additional categories or columns
Coorections must be coordinated through the local cemetery records keeper or sexton.
If you see an error, please contact the cemetery directly. Once we are notified or receive an updated submission from the cemetery, the change will be reflected in our Utah Burials Database.
Contact Amy Barry at 801-245-7247.