Thank you for your interest in submitting a proposal for the 62nd Annual Utah State History Conference, Utah Technology Through Time
Technology has helped people live and thrive in Utah for over 12,000 years. In order to understand and remember the development of technology in Utah, this year’s Utah State History conference will focus on Utah Technology through Time.
The conference will be tentatively organized into three tracks:
- The emergence of Utah’s high tech industry, 1950s–present
- Utah industry, technology, and enterprise in the 19th and 20th centuries
- Prehistoric technology in the region of Utah
Utah State History invites the public, scholars, students, and organizations to submit presentation proposals for conference sessions to be held on September 26 at The Leonardo, Utah’s Science and Technology Museum. In addition, some sessions may be posted online. Individuals and organizations may address any topic relating to Utah history. However, priority will be given to proposals that explore the many facets of technological innovation throughout Utah’s human past. Proposals can include papers, podcasts, presentations, panels or sessions.
Proposals should be submitted by May 2, 2014. Each proposal must include:
- A one-page (300-word limit) abstract detailing the presentation or session and its significance
- Bio for each participant (100-word limit)
- Audio-visual requirements
- Your permission, if selected, for media interviews, session audio/visual recordings, and electronic sessions or podcasts during or in advance of the conference. The Division of State History will use these recording in its effort to meet its history- related mission.
- Contact information of the presenter(s)