The State Library Board consists of nine members appointed by the governor.
One member shall be appointed on recommendation from each of the following agencies:
- the State Office of Education;
- the Board of Control of the State Law Library;
- the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel; and
- the Utah System of Higher Education.
Of the five remaining members at least two shall be appointed from rural areas. The Governor shall appoint one member as chair, to serve for a period of two years.
The State Library Board has one open position. All applications for the State Library Board are filled out online.
- Public Board Member (Rural ): Applicant should have public library board experience or other experience that prepares you to represent the needs of the rural parts of our state.
- Board Members
- Electronic Meetings (pdf)
- Procedures for Meeting Minutes (pdf)
- Meeting Agendas & Documents
- Services for Trustees