Administrative Rule R458-3
Rule R458-3. Capital Funds Request Prioritization.
The purpose of this rule is to establish the procedure regarding annual capital grant request prioritization by the State Library in the Division of Utah State Library within the Department of Heritage and Arts.
The division may make, amend, or repeal rules for the conduct of its business in governing the division in accordance with Title 63G, Chapter 3, Utah Administrative Rulemaking Act.
R458-3-3. Application Submission and Review.
(1) The Board of the State Library shall accept applications for capital facilities grant prioritization through June 1 of each year.
(2) All applications must be submitted electronically via the Department of Heritage and Arts (DHA) and its division web portals. Before July 1, Division staff will be allowed to re-direct applications if it is determined the applicant would be better served if another DHA board reviewed the request. Applicants will be notified within five working days by the division if the division redirects the application to another division. Incomplete applications will not be considered by the board. By definition, capital facilities grants shall include new construction, preservation, restoration, and renovation.
(3) Prioritization will be based on the following criteria:
- Goals of application
- Public benefit of project
- Strategic value of partnerships
(4) The Board shall submit its final prioritized list to DHA Administration at least three working days prior to September 30 of each year. Each board shall prepare a list of the requested capital facilities grants in a prioritized order and include a written explanation of the total grant amount requested and the basis for prioritization of requested grants on the list.
(5) DHA Administration will submit the Board’s prioritized lists to the DHA-assigned budget analyst in the Governor’s Office of Planning and Budget and the DHA-assigned analyst in the Legislative Fiscal Analyst’s Office by September 30 of each year. The Governor’s Office of Planning and Budget will forward the prioritized lists to the Governor. The Legislative Fiscal Analyst’s Office will forward the prioritized lists to the appropriate members of the Legislature’s Appropriations Subcommittee and leadership.
Grant Deadline & Application:
DHA Capital Development Grants applications will be accepted by USL not later than June 1 of each year.
2014 Grant Round:
Previous Grant Years:
- 2013 Grant Round
Capital Facilities Grant 2013 Applications – Prioritized List with Final Scores – USLB Approved September 5, 2013 (pdf)
- 2012 Grant Round
Capital Facilities Grant 2012 Applications – Prioritized List with Final Scores – USLB Approved September 13, 2012 (pdf)
- 2011 Grant Round
Capital Facilities Grant 2011 Applications – Prioritized List with Final Scores – USLB Approved September 20, 2011 (pdf)
- 2010 Grant Round
Capital Facilities Grant 2010 Applications – Prioritized List with Final Scores – USLB Approved August 18, 2010 (pdf)
- 2009 Grant Round
Capital Facilities Grant 2009 Applications – Prioritized List with Final Scores – USLB Approved October 14, 2009 (pdf)
For more information or assistance contact:Juan Tomás Lee
(801) 715-6769 or (800) 662-9150 (Utah toll-free)