Utah is one of five states participating in ILEAD USA (Innovative Librarians Explore, Apply and Discover) in 2013. ILEAD USA is a year-long program designed to help library staff understand and respond to user needs through the application of participatory technology tools and the creation of an easy-to-replicate model program.
The six ILEAD USA Utah projects for 2013 were:
- Utah Accessible Tutorials provides videos, webinars, training, & information to librarians working with patrons with a variety of physical, mental and leaning disabilities.
- Utah Author Visits helps Utahns find or submit author public events in Utah. Subscribe to the calendar to keep informed.
- Utah Bookmobiles created a a tug at your heartstrings video showing the importance of Bookmobiles in rural Utah.
- Creative Libraries Utah provides a space where libraries can share and freely use library created resources. Materials are public domain or use Creative Commons licenses.
- Digitizing Community Resources is working with the Salt Lake City Public Library & the Church History Library to digitize obituaries and user generator content. No website yet.
- Highway 89 Collections is an online exhibit that captures Highway 89’s storied past through the digitization of photographs, manuscripts, and printed items.
For more information or assistance contact:Craig Neilson