2014 LSTA Grant Awards Announced
- Press Release (pdf)
The Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) supports libraries in Utah through the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA), administered by the Utah State Library. LSTA grants are intended to help libraries develop their central roles as community builders. LSTA funds are used to promote improvements in services to all types of libraries; to facilitate access to, and sharing of, resources; and to achieve economical and effective delivery of service for the purpose of cultivating an educated and informed citizenry. In addition, LSTA funds are targeted for statewide library services and support a wide array of programs from literacy to providing broad access to databases. This program develops the role of libraries as “information brokers,” helping to make resources and services, which are often prohibitively expensive, more readily available. LSTA also supports efforts to educate the current and future library workforce in Utah. LSTA priorities as defined in 20 USC Chapter 72, § 9141 are:
- expanding services for learning and access to information and educational resources in a variety of formats; in all type of libraries, for individuals of all ages;
- developing library services that provide all users access to information through local, State, regional, national, and international electronic networks;
- providing electronic and other linkages among and between all types of libraries;
- developing public and private partnerships with other agencies and community-based organizations;
- targeting library services to individuals of diverse geographic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds, to individuals with disabilities, and to individuals with limited functional literacy or information skills; and
- targeting library and information services to persons having difficulty using a library and to underserved urban and rural communities, including children from families with incomes below the poverty lines.
Utah State Library LSTA Five-Year Plan 2013–2017
The State Library staff with input from focus groups and library staff and with the assistance of outside consultants developed the LSTA Five Year Plan 2013-2017. Grant proposals should address the goals and needs outlined in the plan.
For more information or assistance contact:Steve Matthews Grants Coordinator (801) 715-6722 (800) 662-9150 (Utah toll-free) email@example.com