Before the event
- Let us know you are participating by registering your library here.
- Read the Tips to Make Your Library Snapshot Day a Success (PDF)
- Issue a press release to invite your community to participate in your Snapshot Day (samples available here)
- Use the logos in your own promotional materials.
- Customize and use the flyer to promote your Snapshot Day and invite your community to participate.
- Print off patron comment forms to distribute and collect on Snapshot Day
- Select a date in February that best works for you and your community
- Decide how you will handle photo permissions. You are welcome to use this permission form or customize it for your library.
Submitting your materials
- Patron Comments: Select the best quotes from your users and submit them.
- Photographs: Email your best pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit them to the Utah State Library Snapshot Day 2014 Flickr Group. Photos will be posted in the Snapshot Day Results page, the Utah Snapshot Day 2014 Flickr Group, and the Utah Snapshot Day 2014 Pinterest Board.
- Videos: Email your video as an attachment to the State Library at email@example.com. Videos will be posted in the Snapshot Day Results page and the Utah State Library YouTube channel. You can also upload videos to the Utah State Library Snapshot Day 2014 Flickr Group.
- Permissions are the responsibility of the library collecting the patron comment forms, taking the pictures or recording the video. The Snapshot Day partners will not collect permissions
- By submitting your photos or patron comments form to Utah State Library Division, you are granting permission for the Snapshot Day partners to use them in print, online or in any other format deemed appropriate by the partners
- Send us your best stuff!
Follow Snapshot Day
Awesome results will come from libraries across the Utah. See updates throughout February:
For more information or assistance contact:Juan Tomás Lee
State Data Coordinator
(801) 715-6769 or (800) 662-9150 (Utah toll-free)