Previous Turning the Page 2.0 participants said they enjoyed many aspects of the Public Library Association’s online course:
- The online convenience and being able to work at my own pace
- Being able to use a real advocacy project customized to my own library’s needs
- Real world examples in the online modules
- The Advocacy Work Plan template and being forced to plan
Previous participants had these things to say about Turning the Page 2.0:
- “It was one of the best library-related online experiences I have had.”
- “I cannot recommend it highly enough. It has changed not just how I advocate for our library, but how I think about things here in general. It is a good investment of time and energy.”
- “As a library director, this course reinforced things I already knew but didn’t know how to implement.”
- “This advocacy program really is making an impression on me. [In a meeting with potential donors the other day] they asked me to answer some questions and I could, thanks to this program. The next day I got a personal visit from a potential donor who wanted to compliment me on my presentation.”
- “I really enjoyed this course and your training. I think it’s a really good tool for focusing on what’s needed to plan for the future; something we all need to seriously be doing with so much happening in the library world.”
Selected Success Stories:
- A recent participant wrote to us about how the Turning the Page 2.0 course helped her: “I recently presented our needs to a local community foundation. We received approval for up to $30,000 in materials for six brand new computers, new furnishings in our children’s library and materials for our existing security system!”
- Four different participants have used their Advocacy Work Plans and what they’ve learned in this training to land jobs–two as a library managers and two as library directors.
- Yet another participant has recently developed friendships with two people in the community who have a great capacity to donate toward her library’s fundraising campaign, when the time comes.
Now we want some Utah success stories!
For more information or assistance contact:Colleen Eggett, Turning the Page Utah! Project Coordinator
(801) 715-6776 | (800) 662-9150 x776 (Utah toll-free)
(801) 715-6767 (fax) | email@example.com