Learn how to be an effective advocate for your library.
Turning the Page 2.0 is a program of the Public Library Association, a division of the American Library Association. The Turning the Page 2.0 logo and all related materials are used with permission from the Public Library Association.
- Public perceptions
- Telling your story
- You as a leader
- Building relationships
- The “Big Ask”
- Assembling your Advocacy Work Plan
- Register Online: The next session starts October 7, 2013
- Getting Started Video (15 min. intro to the program)
- Technical requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Take the Pre-workshop advocacy assessment (required)
- Receive a free headset with a microphone, compliments of the Utah State Library, once you’ve registered and completed the pre-assessment
- Familiarize yourself with the First Things First materials
Click each week below to access your assignments:
- Session 1: Public Perceptions
- Session 2: Telling Your Story
- Session 3: You As a Leader
- Session 4: Building Relationships
- Session 5: The Big “Ask”
- Session 6: Assembling Your Advocacy Work Plan
Have Something to Share?
Most participants find it helpful to share their advocacy goals, work plans, and other ideas with others in the training. You can do this in our Online Discussion Group. Anyone in the program may join.
- Take the Post-workshop advocacy assessment (required) – Coming Soon
- Take the 6 months Post-assessment (you’re done!) – Coming Soon
Turning the Page 2.0 Utah! is a program sponsored by the Utah State Library in collaboration with the Public Library Association, a division of the American Library Association; and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
For more information or assistance contact:Colleen Eggett, Turning the Page Utah! Project Coordinator
(801) 715-6776 | (800) 662-9150 x776 (Utah toll-free) |
(801) 715-6767 (fax) | firstname.lastname@example.org