2015 ARSL Grant Information
Application Deadline: July 17, 2015, 5:00 PM
The Utah State Library is offering a grant to pay for attendance to the Association for Rural and Small Libraries (ARSL) Conference, October 1-3, 2015 in Little Rock, AR. It may include the pre-conference (September 30, 2015) as well.
This grant covers conference registration, a one year membership to ARSL, and travel expenses excepting car rental, up to $1,300 total.
The Utah State Library (USL) offers the UPLIFT Professional Excellence Grant to persons employed in Utah libraries for advancing the knowledge, skills, and abilities of individual library employees to better serve their patrons.
Both the online application and the letter of support are required, in order to be considered for this grant.
- Online Application: To be filled out by the attendee
- Letter of Support: To be filled out by the attendee’s employer: library director, city hall, or the library board chair.
Applicant must be a library director, library staff, or trustee in a small or rural public library or a tribal library in Utah.
This grant round is limited to attendance at the Association of Rural and Small Libraries (ARSL) to be held in in Little Rock, AR on October 1-3, 2015, preconference September 30.
USL pays for registration, ARSL membership, lodging, meals, and transportation expenses excluding car rental. The maximum award is up to $1,300 per individual. An advance of up to $700 to offset up-front costs is available, upon completion of the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA).
Up to four grants will be awarded for this event.
The USL and the Library Services Technology Act (LSTA) fund these grants. Recipients are required to acknowledge USL and LSTA when undertaking and promoting grant supported activities.
Grant recipients agree to evaluate this experience using the Claim Form provided by USL.
- Apply online
- An online letter of support must be completed by your employer (Library Director, or City/County Government) stating that they support your attendance, and why.
- Applications are due by 5:00 pm on July 17, 2015.
- Utah State Library Division staff reviews the applications and gives recommendations to the Division Director. Decisions are made based upon the merits of the application. The Division notifies applicants of the decision within 15 days of the review date and sends out a memorandum of agreement (MOA) for signatures.
- The grant recipient returns the signed MOA, and all attachments, to Julie Anderson of the State Library, 801-715-6797, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An advance of up to $700 may be granted upon receipt of the MOA. This is payable to the library.
- The grant recipient submits financial receipts and the Claim Form and Final Report Form document to the Utah State Library Division by October 23, 2015.
- Attendees will be required to share what they learned with the larger Utah library community within one year:
- Present information you learned in an online training session sponsored by the State Library (Jessica Whetman will help with this)
- Submit a short review for use on the State Library’s social media pages
- Present at ULA or another Utah library conference
- Provide training at your library that others from neighboring libraries may attend
For more information or for assistance in the grant process, contact:Jessica Whetman
(801) 715-6762 or (800) 662-9150 (Utah toll-free)