- Application (doc)
- Participant Evaluation (doc)
- Claim Form and Final Report (doc)
- Acknowledging the Utah State Library
- UPLIFT Training
The Utah State Library (USL) offers the UPLIFT Organization Resource Grant to formal library organizations for specialized training. It allows them to develop, implement, and evaluate training efforts that upgrade the skills of library staff, trustees, and library supporters by addressing local needs. The Utah State Library funds these grants. Recipients are required to acknowledge the Utah State Library when undertaking and promoting grant supported activities.
- February 15
- June 15
- October 15
- A formal library organization must be eligible for state/federal funding.
- A formal library organization applying for a grant must submit evidence of fiscal capacity to administer grant funds.
- The emphasis for the training should be on meeting the needs of the end user: the customers.
- Library board members, volunteers, advocates, and other supporters may be included in the training as appropriate.
Library organizations may receive grants up to $3,000. Allowable costs include:
- Trainer fees.
- Room rental in non-library or agency facility if required.
- Duplication/purchase of training materials.
The Utah State Library will reimburse after USL receives financial receipts and project evaluations. The grant does not cover indirect costs of the training, nor meals.
Grant recipients agree to evaluate programs using the Claim Form & Final Report (one document) and their own evaluation forms, summarizing the results. A sample evaluation form is available for your use and consideration. Please return the Claim Form & Final Report and a summary of the evaluations to the Utah State Library within 30 days after the event.
- Applications may be submitted by email, fax or mail, attn: Colleen Eggett. See contact information below.
- Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on the appropriate deadline. The schedule may vary in future years depending upon demand and funding.
- Utah State Library staff reviews the application and gives recommendations to the Director. USL notifies applicants of the decision within thirty days of the review dates (by March 15, July 15, or November 15), and sends out a contract for signatures.
- The grant recipient returns the signed contract to the Utah State Library.
- The grant recipient submits financial receipts and evaluation forms to the Utah State Library within 30 days of the completion of the event.
For more information or assistance contact:Colleen Eggett
Utah State Library
250 North 1950 West, Suite A
Salt Lake City, UT 84116
(800) 662-9150 (Utah toll-free)