Unmask your creativity!
Create a video promoting summer reading at the public library and interpreting the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) 2015 teen slogan “UNMASK!” and you could win $150. Who can enter:
- Any Utah teen aged 13-18
- It can be one person or a team effort
How to enter:
- Download the Entry Form (PDF). Read all the instructions provided on the entry form. Make sure you read the RULES. http://cslpreads.org/rules.html
- Download the Model Release Form (PDF). Anyone may appear in the video and every person appearing in your video MUST complete a model release form.
- Explore the resources http://cslpreads.org/video-resources.html
- Create a 30 – 90 second video that encourages teens to read and use the library. Include an interpretation of the 2015 teen slogan. “UNMASK!”
- Title the video “2015 TVC-UT-unique name” (same as entry form).
- Upload the video to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Fill out and sign the Entry Form. Everyone must fill out and sign the Model Release Forms completely.
- Mail the forms by March 9, 2015 to the address on the entry form.
In spring, 2015, one winning video created by a teen or group of teens will be selected as the state winner in the national CSLP “2015 Teen Video Challenge.” If you are chosen as the winner, you will be asked to mail a DVD of the video and a brief written summary for full accessibility. The DVD should have a minimum of a 640 x 480 aspect ratio. A DVD video or .vmv format is preferred. State winner’s videos will be shared with libraries across the country.
The Fine Print
The “2015 Teen Video Challenge” is open only to legal U.S. aged 13 -18. Participants are ineligible if directly related to the panel of judges for the contest. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules. Each participant or group may submit one video per entry. Each entry must include signed model release form(s). A DVD of the video will be requested from the winner.
Terms and Conditions
All audio and artwork must be created by the entrant or be in the public domain and must be specified as such on the entry form. CSLP (and all CSLP member affiliates) have permission to use the “2015 Teen Video Challenge” submissions, including all work created and all intellectual property embodied therein, as per the Contest Release form. See http://cslpreads.org/video-resources.html for more information on public domain.
Video Criteria for Acceptance
All videos must:
- Be 30 to 90 seconds.
- Promote the idea of using public libraries and reading.
- Include your interpretation of the 2015 CSLP teen slogan “Unmask.”
- Be designed for use at any library.
- Be appropriate for viewing by audiences of all ages.
Video will be judged on the following criteria
- Message clarity and relevance
- Motivation and inspiration
- Overall impact
About the Teen Video Challenge
The Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) and the Utah State Library annually search for excellent videos created by teens to promote the Teen Summer Reading Programs. Any teen, aged 13 -18, can enter the Utah Teen Video Challenge. The challenge is to create a 30-90 second video that promotes Summer Reading to teens and uses the CSLP teen slogan for the current year.
For more information or assistance contact:Sharon Deeds
Youth Services Coordinator
(801) 715-6742 or (800) 662-9150 (Utah toll-free)