PLEASE NOTE: If you find an error in the database, please contact the cemetery, so that the official record can be corrected. To ensure that our database matches the official record, we do not correct records in the database unless the update comes from a cemetery.
The Utah State Cemeteries and Burials database is used by cemeteries, researchers, genealogists, and individuals to locate the sites of burials and cemeteries throughout the state. We work with all cemeteries throughout the state to make this information available to the public in one comprehensive location.
Search for a person buried in Utah.
Search death certificates from 1900-1960 (outside web site)
The Utah Cemeteries and Burials Database is recognized by Family Tree Magazine as one of the Best State Web Sites for family history research.
About the data collection
This state database contains names and other information about people who are buried in Utah cemeteries. Data is collected in three ways:
1. We give small grants to cemeteries to help them digitize sexton records. (Cemeteries do not computerize the information on grave markers). The cemeteries then submit the data to the database.
2. We encourage cemeteries that already have their records in digital format to donate their data to the database.
3. Private groups and individuals sometimes offer to survey a cemetery. If you would like to do this, please see our tips for cemetery volunteers. You must have permission from the cemetery and contact us about format requirements and the submission process. We will not accept data unless they are in the proper format.
4. Access to the database is free to the public through our online search. We do not offer back-end access or data files. If you would like a cemetery’s complete database record, please contact the cemetery directly.
5. Data is provided by cemeteries. If you find an error in the database, please contact the cemetery to verify the information and ask them to send us an update. We are unable to correct individual records without the cemetery’s updated file.
For information about the Cemeteries and Burials Database, contact:
For grant information, contact: