2013/2014 Funding Cycle Timeline
- RFP Notification Info to stakeholders — Friday, August 31, 2012
- RFP Outreach Workshops – Statewide — September 24, 2012 – October 5, 2012
- Letter of Intent/Concept Paper to Commission — Friday November 9, 2012 5:00 PM
- Review Period — November 13, 2012 – November 30, 2012
- Written Feedback/Notifications of applicant selected — December 2012
- Applications selected for National Competition submitted via eGrants — January 2, 2013
- Formula Review for submitted applications — June, 2013
- Final Decision Letters to Applicants — June 28, 2013
- Program begin operations — Fall 2013
- Notice of Funding Availability
- RFP Training and Guidance Presentation
- Instructions for submitting the General Assessment Questionnaire
- Budget Worksheet
2013 AmeriCorps Funding Opportunity
The Utah Commission on Volunteers will be accepting applications for the operation of Utah State*AmeriCorps programs. AmeriCorps provides support to nonprofits, community organizations, and public agencies committed to addressing critical issues in areas such as education, public safety, health, economic opportunity, the environment and other human needs. Grantees and sponsoring organizations are responsible for recruiting, selecting, and managing members. Program operation will begin in fall 2013.
The application process will be explained in detail in mandatory AmeriCorps Funding Technical Assistance Meetings. Those interested in applying must attend one meeting:
September 24, 2012 – 1:00 – 4:00 @ Utah State Library, 250 North, 1950 West, Salt Lake City, UT
September 25, 2012 – 1:00 – 4:00 @ Weber County Library Auditorium, 2464 Jefferson Ave., Ogden, UT
October 3, 2012 – 1:00 – 4:00 @ Alpine District Offices: Professional Development Center, RM 315, 575 N 100 E, American Fork, Utah
October 4, 2012 – 1:00 – 4:00 @ SE Utah AOG, 375 S Carbon Ave., Price, Utah
October 5 – 1:00 – 4:00 @ Five County AOG: 1070 West 1600 South Building B; St. George, Utah
To reserve a space please contact LaDawn Stoddard @firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for submitting the General Assessment Questionnaire
This certification is to assure the Utah Commission on Volunteers, that the contracted agency has adequate administrative procedures in place to ensure that funds disbursed by the Utah Commission on Volunteers will be safeguarded as required by federal regulations. The Utah Commission on Volunteers reserves the right to conduct on-site monitoring of contracted service providers as it deems necessary.
- Please complete all questions on the form.
- The General Assessment Questionnaire must be submitted in electronic format by e-mail email@example.com by November 9, 2012 at 5:00 pm.
- Include copies of the following documents:
- Organizational Chart
- Resumes and position descriptions for all grant and fiscal management staff to contribute to the AmeriCorps program
- Financial policies and procedures
- Confirmation of insurance coverage
- Most recent audited financial statements