UServeUtah, through local volunteer connectors, offers Volunteer Management Training throughout the state. Volunteer connectors become certified Volunteer Management Trainers through the Volunteer Management Training Certification course offered through UServeUtah. When certified, these trainers then schedule and teach volunteer management courses to nonprofits in their communities. Upon completion of the program, volunteer coordinators have the necessary skills to:
1. Assess volunteer needs and match those needs with the strategic goals of the organization.
2. Develop relevant, competency-based volunteer roles and opportunities that attract and retain high caliber volunteers to address critical social needs in their communities.
The Volunteer Management Courses consist of the following modules:
- Volunteer Management and Organizational Assessment
- Creating a Position Description and Volunteer Application
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Interviewing Volunteers
- Orienting and Training Volunteers
- Placing and Supervising Volunteers
- Volunteer Motivation and Retention
- Volunteer Recognition
- Performance Reviews and Handling Performance Problems
- Risk Management in Volunteer Programs
- Volunteer Program Evaluation
These Volunteer Management training events are free to volunteer coordinators.