We’re on Pinterest!
Find us pinning about museums HERE .
The Registrar Committee for the Western Region (RCWR) is a great resource for collections and registration specialists. Check out their latest issue of the quarterly HERE.
Legal Issues Course Material
UA&M now offers an environmental monitoring kit for rent for a small fee. The kit includes tools to measure your museum’s temperature, humidity, and light allowances. For more information about the kit or to inquire about rental, please contact Jennifer Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-245-7288.
We now offer an onsite preservation assessment for museums interested in learning more about how to better preserve their collections. Based off of Heritage Preservation’s Conservation Assessment Program (CAP), Utah Arts and Museum’s Preservation Assessment provides constructive feedback on areas of improvement through a facilitated onsite visit and itemized report. The visit and report are meant to provide feedback that will assist in identifying priority collections care needs and better assist museums interested in applying for museum grants through Utah Arts and Museums.
Please see our Pre-Assessment worksheet for more information and contact Jennifer Ortiz, Museum Specialist at 801-245-7288 to schedule your assessment.
- Heritage Preservation-Resources for Emergency Planning and Preparedness
- American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works (AIC) Response resources
- Northeast Document Conservation Center 24/7 Collections Emergency Phone Assistance
- Western States & Territories Preservation Assistance Service (WESTPAS)
- Getty Conservation Institute: Build your own emergency plan PDF
- Emergency Response and Salvage Wheel app for your smart phone
- Developing a Collections Management Policy, American Alliance of Museums Resource Guide
- International Council of Museums–Deaccessioning bibliography
- National Parks Service-Conserve O Grams
- Collections Storage Techniques from STASH
- Collections Care assistance from Connecting to Collections (C2C)
Fair Use and Copyright Issues
This e-newsletter contains timely information and articles for Utah museums. If you would like to receive it, please email Jennifer Ortiz at email@example.com.
A list of museum opportunities from local, national and international sources, including funding, exhibitions and professional development. Click HERE for MuseOps.
Resources for Nonprofit Organizations
Looking for help with volunteers, accessibility, strategic planning or starting up a new museum? Check out the toolkit for nonprofit arts organizations and museums. Click HERE for the nonprofit organization toolkit.
Museum Support Organizations
- Association of Registrars and Collections Specialists
- American Association for State and Local History
- Small Museum Association
- American Alliance of Museums
- Association for Living History, Farm and Agricultural Museums
- Association of Children’s Museums
- Association of College and University Museums and Galleries
- Institute of Museum and Library Service
- Conservation Center for Art and Historical Artifacts
- Museum Education Roundtable