Patrons and leaders of the arts and humanities will meet and talk with their state senators and representatives in the Capitol Rotunda. Be among the arts-interested individuals and organizations that will gather to celebrate the arts and meet with their state representatives. Contact David Wicai at 801-236-7547 for more information.
We encourage you to reach out to your legislators now and introduce yourself before the session begins. Let them know you’ll be coming to the Capitol on February 14th and you hope to meet with them. Click here to find your legislator.
2017 Arts Day Schedule
This year we’ve planned several pre-advocacy day events in preparation for the big day.
Pre-Advocacy Day Events Begin on February 13th, 2017 at Arts Hub, SLC
- 2-4pm Legislature Captain Training
- 4:30pm Grassroots Advoacay Training (Open to all)
Arts Day on the Hill is on February 14th, 2017 in the Capitol Rotunda
- 8:30am Check-In
- 10:00am Beverley Taylor Sorenson Arts Learning Program – Student Performance
- 10:30am Beverley Taylor Sorenson Arts Learning Program – Student Performances
- 11:00am Beverley Taylor Sorenson Arts Learning Program – Student Performances
- 11:30 am Kargi Kala Kendra – Folk Arts Performance
- Other Activities
- Craft Lake City
- Karen Horne – Live Painting
- Thank You Cards
- Arts & Crafts
Why Are the Arts Important?
Here’s a video from Arts Day 2014…