Patrons and leaders of the arts and humanities will meet and talk with their state senators and representatives in the Capitol Rotunda. Be among the arts-interested individuals and organizations that will gather to celebrate the arts and meet with their state representatives.
Contact David Wicai at 801-236-7547 for more information.
We encourage you to reach out to your legislators now and introduce yourself before the session begins. Let them know you’ll be coming to the Capitol on February 5th and you hope to meet with them. Click here to find your legislator.
2018 Arts Day Schedule
- 9am // Registration opens
- 9:30am // Welcome, Advocacy Training
- 10:30am // head to Senate Chambers for Senate President Art Competition and Recognition from floor (begins at 11am)
- 11:30am // head to house chambgers
- 11:40am // House Chambers for Recognition from floor
- 11:45am // time certain vote for HB166 in the house
- 11am-3pm // Meetings with Legislators
- 12pm // BYOLunch to the Rotunda
- 2-3:30pm // If unable to meet with legislator before now, call out during general session.
- 10am-3pm // Performances from around the state in the Rotunda, introductions done by each groups’ representative
Don’t miss our legislative session preview and advocacy training on January 12th at 1pm to be best prepared for Arts Day.
Why Are the Arts Important?
Here’s a video from Arts Day 2014…