The Utah Division of Arts & Museums, in partnership with Excellence in the Community, presents the Mondays in the Park concerts at the Chase Home Museum of Utah Folk Arts in Liberty Park. The seven-week concert series presents traditional music and dance from different cultures. The concerts are free and take place on Mondays at 7 p.m. beginning July 3 and running through Aug. 21.
“These concerts have been a tradition at Liberty Park for many years, and we are proud to continue to present them,” Folk Arts Specialist Adrienne Decker said. “We are particularly excited to host these talented performers at the Chase Home Museum of Utah Folk Arts, which has new exhibits and is a cultural jewel in the heart of the park.”
The schedule for Mondays in the Park will be as follows:
- July 3: Venezuela Cantando
Raskto Serbian Dancers
- July 10: Halau Hula ‘O Kahealani (Hawaiian music and dance)
Blue Sage Band (bluegrass and western)
- July 17: Poleviyaoma Hopi Dancers
- July 31: James Romero Three Generations Band (New Mexican Music)
- August 7: Karpaty Dance Ensemble (Polish and Ukranian dance)
Okinawa Kenjinkai (Japanese music and dance)
- August 14: Tango West (Argentinian Tango);
- August 21: Mariachi Sol de Jalisco & Ballet Folklorico de las Americas (Mariachi music and Latin American dance)
For the latest information on these concerts, please visit artsandmuseums.utah.gov.