Archaeology – Antiquities Section
The Antiquities Section deals with archaeological matters for state and federal agencies and consultants. Our records are closed to the general public and are only available to permitted archaeologists within the state of Utah.
Archaeology and YOU!
Archaeological-themed education information for the public can be found here.
- Includes resources, poster contest information and forms, how-to’s from the UEA Conference and more!
Antiquities runs three programs for professional archaeologists.
Laws & Legal Authority
State and Federal Laws which pertain to the Antiquities Act, vandalism, and the desecration of human remains can be found here.
- Christopher Merritt, Deputy SHPO/Antiquities Coordinator, Archaeology 801-245-7263
- Janice Reed-Campbell, Cultural Resources Technician, 801-245-7232
- Derinna Kopp, Forensic/Physical Anthropologist, 801-245-7245
- Arie Leeflang, Archaeology Records Manager, 801-245-7246
- Deb Miller, Assistant Archaeology Records Manager, 801-245-7249
- Christina Epperson, GIS Analyst, 801-245-7234
- Tessie Burningham, Records Assistant, 801-245-7259