Below are some teaching resources for both teachers and anyone wanting to learn more about Utah Archaeology & Preservation.
2016 Teacher Training Workshop Materials
Printable materials, instructions and presentations 4th- and 7th-grade specific for educators looking to incorporate archaeology into social studies, science and art core curriculum.
- 4th Grade printable worksheets and pithouse activity
- 4th Grade presentation slides
- 7th Grade printable worksheets and pithouse activity
- 7th Grade presentation slides
2016 Well isn’t that Spatial Workshop
Links and materials from Christina and Tessie’s workshop about incorporating history and GIS for the everyday historian.
- Web resources discussed in the presentation on GIS
- ArcGIS Online tutorial – getting started
- GIS glossary – words of the trade
- Google Earth Tutorial – Tessie’s step-by-step on aerial images and georeferencing
Applying Archaeology and History
- Breakdown of time periods and civilizations in Utah
- Fremont Figurine history info from the 2015 UEA Conference
- Split Twig Figure how-to and from the 2015 UEA Conference
I Love History – Utah Archaeology
- A brief history of the people of Utah
Utah Heritage Foundation
- Presentations for the classroom
- Utah’s history can be seen through historic photos and architecture
Historic Architecture Lesson Plans
- Helps kids become aware of architecture around them