In 1897, public-spirited Utahns organized the Utah State Historical Society in order to expand public understanding of Utah’s past. Today, the Utah Division of State History administers the Society and, as part of its statutory obligations, publishes the Utah Historical Quarterly, which has collected and preserved Utah’s unique history since 1928. The Division also collects materials related to the history of Utah; assists communities, agencies, building owners, and consultants with state and federal processes regarding archaeological and historical resources; administers the ancient human remains program; makes historical resources available in a specialized research library; offers extensive online resources and grants; and assists in public policy and the promotion of Utah’s rich history.
- Utah Department of Heritage and Arts
- Utah Division of Arts & Museums
- Utah Division of Indian Affairs
- Utah State Library Division
- Utah Office of Multicultural Affairs
- U Serve Utah Utah Commission on Service & Volunteerism