NHD 101 for Teachers
Meet the new Utah Social Studies Core (and more) with National History Day!
- Hands-on research and analysis of primary sources.
- Satisfies more than 25 Common Core objectives in one multifaceted project.
- If you teach Utah Studies, U.S., European, or World history, National History Day can help you bring history to life in your classroom.
- Learn why NHD works for all kinds of learners and how to put it to work in your classroom.
This workshop offers a helpful refresher for those who are already using the program, and an excellent foundation for those who are just starting out. We’ll talk about this year’s theme, research, rules, required elements, bibliographies, and more!
All workshops are FREE and include materials. Teacher relicensure points given. Attend one of the workshops below or host one in your area.
2017 FALL SCHEDULE
- Wednesday, August 16, 9:00-12:00 – SLC (Utah Division of State History, 300 S. Rio Grande Street)
- Tuesday, August 29, 4:00-7:00 – SLC (Salt Lake City Library, Level 4 Conference Room, 210 East 400 South)
- Friday, September 8, 9:00-4:00 – SLC (Utah Division of State History, 300 S. Rio Grande Street). This enhanced, full-day workshop features tours of the State History Research Center and Utah State Archives! We will reimburse for your sub if you attend this workshop (space is limited).
- Friday, September 15, 3:00-6:00 – St. George (Sunrise Ridge Intermediate School, 3167 S 2350 E, St George, UT 84790)
- Tuesday, September 26, 3:30-6:30 – American Fork (Alpine School District Offices, 575 North 100 East) – rescheduled
- Wednesday, September 27, 2:00-5:00 – Tooele (Clarke N Johnson Jr High, 2152 N 400 W Tooele, UT 84074)
- Thursday, October 5, 4:00-6:00 – Farmington (Davis County School District, Kendall Bldg, 70 East 100 North)
**To host a workshop in your area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.