Want to incorporate more STEM in your library? Mindy Hiatt and Carrie Rogers-Whitehead have a passion for STEM education and have implemented and trained on STEM programming to numerous audiences. You will leave this four-hour training with practical, inexpensive, and easy to do STEM program ideas for your library. This interactive, hands-on training will literally get your hands sticky and your brains active.
Presenters: Carrie Rogers-Whitehead and Mindy Hiatt – Salt Lake County Library Services.
About Advanced UPLIFT
The Utah State Library provides advanced training opportunities for public library directors and key staff who have completed basic certification. Advanced classes include but are not limited to:
- Technology/Computers in Libraries: planning, development, application, and integration of technology within libraries.
- Multicultural Populations: explore, understand, and develop library resources and services for multicultural, diverse, and other special populations.
- Budgeting and Planning: how to manage a budget, plan for short-term and long-term projects, and understand the political process of budgeting and planning.
- Children’s Literature: learn about the best books for children and young adults and how they can be used in your programming.
- Collection Development: write your collection development plan.
For more information or assistance contact:Jessica Whetman
(801) 715-6762 or (800) 662-9150 (Utah toll-free)