Book Buzz is a reading and discussion program that lends books to groups, libraries, organizations, schools, community centers, and/or book clubs meeting at home.
- Items in the collection can be requested by using the Request a title link. Please request books at least two weeks in advance of date needed. The Utah State Library prefers that requests are submitted through your local library. However, private/independent groups may request titles by agreeing to the “Book Group Agreement for Private Groups”.
- Material from the collection is checked out for 8 weeks.This includes time for mailing in both directions. The due date indicates when the material should be back in our hands since other groups may have a reservation. Renewals will be considered on case by case basis.
- Courtesy notices will be delivered by email 14 days, 7 days and 3 days before the due date. Items will be overdue 1 day after the due date and considered lost and billed 7 days after the due date.
- Once an item is lost, your account is blocked and future circulation of other requested titles will be delayed until the account is cleared.
- Materials not in the collection may also be requested from the State Library by Libraries who are not full members of OCLC. These materials are subject to availability. The duration of these loans is based upon the policies of the lending libraries. Renewals are allowed on some of these materials but the State Library must be notified before the due date.
- If a title is part of the Book Buzz Collection, we will not request that same title from OCLC through Interlibrary Loan for a book group (3 or more titles).
- Your Library or Group is responsible for all materials requested from the State Library which are loaned from our collection or obtained from another library.
- Do not stamp Book Buzz book sets with your library’s information. Do not put your library’s bar codes on Book Buzz book sets.
Updated February 2014.
For more information or assistance contact:Book Buzz Program / ILL Team