Certification Renewal of Existing Libraries
- View Archived Training Webinar
- Familiarize yourself with the complete 2018 Standards for Utah’s Public Libraries (PDF) re-certification document.
- Use Appendix C – Required Documentation for Certification (PDF) to gather the evidence needed for re-certification.
- Use the Building Inspection Checklist (PDF) (DOC) to guide you in meeting the new Standard #19.
Part I – Basic Certification Standards (Required)
- Complete the Public Library Certification Renewal Survey.
Part II – Key Statistical Benchmarks (Required)
- Review the Key Statistical Benchmarks (PDF) pages from the Standards document.
- Example Benchmark Sheet from Abrahmsville City Library (PDF)
- A State Library consultant will discuss these with the library director.
- Find Your Library’s Consultant.
Part III – Application for Quality Library Designation (Optional)
Libraries choosing to pursue the designation of Quality Library, must complete the online form and meet at least 5 of the 9 quality criteria.
- Review the criteria in the Application for the Quality Library Designation (PDF).
- Complete the Quality Library Designation Survey.
For more information or assistance contact:Juan Tomás Lee
(801) 715-6769 or (800) 662-9150 (Utah toll-free)