Before the event
- Read the Tips to Make Your Library Snapshot Day a Success (PDF)
- Issue a press release to invite your community to participate in your Snapshot Day (samples available here)
- Use the logos in your own promotional materials.
- Customize and use the flyer to promote your Snapshot Day and invite your community to participate.
- Print off patron comment forms to distribute and collect on Snapshot Day
- Select a date in February that best works for you and your community
- Decide how you will handle photo permissions. You are welcome to use this permission form or customize it for your library.
Submitting your materials
- Patron Comments: Select the best quotes from your users and prepare a simple one-page paper to share with your community.
- Photographs: If you want your photos added to the State Library’s Snapshot Day pages, email your best pictures to email@example.com. Photos will be posted in the Snapshot Day Results page, the Utah Snapshot Day Flickr Group, and the Utah Snapshot Day Pinterest Board.
- Videos: Email your video as an attachment to the State Library at firstname.lastname@example.org. Videos will be posted in the Snapshot Day Results page and the Utah State Library YouTube channel.
- Permissions are the responsibility of the library collecting the patron comment forms, taking the pictures or recording the video. The State Library will not collect permissions.
- By submitting your photos or patron comments form to the State Library, you are granting permission to the State Library to use them in print, online or in any other format deemed appropriate.
- Send us your best stuff!
Follow Snapshot Day
Awesome results will come from libraries across the Utah.
For more information or assistance contact:Juan Tomás Lee
(801) 715-6769 or (800) 662-9150 (Utah toll-free)