This website contains information originally presented at the ROSSA: Reaching Out to Spanish Speaking Audiences workshops conducted by the Utah State Library Division. The curriculum for these workshops was developed by library consultant Yolanda Cuesta as part of the nationwide Spanish Language Outreach program, launched by WebJunction and funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Building the Case – The role of public libraries in outreach
- Reaching Out – The Hispanic/Latino community and working with Community Leaders
- Providing Services – Culture, planning programs and services, and marketing
- Planning Outreach Activities – Steps to success and suggested outreach activities
- Resources – Webcasts, Bilingual Storytimes, Collection Development, Dia de los Niños, Children & Libraries en Español, and more…
- Do I Have a Culturally Responsive Library? Self-Assessment for Library Leaders (pdf). This self-assessment is based on the publication Culturally Responsive Guidelines for Alaska Public Libraries developed by the Alaska Library Association and sponsored by the Alaska State Library. Used here with permission from the Alaska State Library.
For more information contact:Juan Tomás Lee
(801) 715-6769 or (800) 662-9150 (Utah toll-free)