General Library Statistics
- American Library Association (ALA) Research & Statistics
- American Library Association (ALA) – Office for Research and Statistics
- Compare Public Libraries – Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)
- Hennen’s American Public Library Ratings (HAPLR)
- Institute of Museum and Library Services Research
- Library Journal
- Quotable Facts About America’s Libraries (ALA)
- State Public Library Statistics – Library Research Service (LRS)
Sources for Other Utah Statistics
- Highlights of Utah Statistics from the 2008 American Community Survey (pdf) – Utah State Library
- Utah State Data Center – Governor’s Office of Planning & Budget
- Utah Data Guide Newsletter – Governor’s Office of Planning & Budget
- Utah Indicator-Based Information System for Public Health – Utah Department of Health
- Utah Economic Data Viewer – Department of Workforce Services
- State & County Quick Facts – U.S. Census Bureau
- Easy Stats, American Community Survey – U.S. Census Bureau
- Texas Public Libraries: Economic Benefits and Return on Investment
This report examines these economic benefits, and documents those activities which contribute to economic activities throughout all regions of Texas. Prepared for the Texas State Library and Archives Commission by the Bureau of Business Research IC² Institute, The University of Texas at Austin, December 2012.
- The Emerging Story of California Public Libraries
This report is designed to help libraries reframe their stories of why they are still relevant in today’s highly technological society. This document or story map, commissioned by the State Library was presented at the Annual California Library Association Conference in San Jose California, on Saturday, November 3, 2012
- 2011-2012 Libraries Connect Communities: Public Library Funding & Technology Access Study
This annual ALA study assesses public access to computers, the Internet, and Internet-related services in U.S. public libraries, and the impact of library funding changes on connectivity, technology deployment, and sustainability.
- Libraries Connect Communities
This publication from American Libraries, provides a nice summary of the entire study, has selected state data, and also key survey data.
- 2010 Community Assessment
United Way of Salt Lake’s findings of its 2010 Community Assessment research. This study provides insight into how our communities have changed in recent years and which social issues are worsening or impacting greater numbers of people.
For more information contact:Juan Tomás Lee
(801) 715-6769 or (800) 662-9150 (Utah toll-free)