Closed for 2015. Check back in 2016.
Deadline was: December 31, 2015
Evaluation & Teen Survey:
- Teen Literature Mini Grant Evaluation: Due June 15, 2016
- Teen Survey: For teens to complete during your program
Ten public libraries will receive $500.00 total to:
- Travel (limited to $150.00) to the seminar What’s New in Young Adult Literature provided by the Bureau of Education and Research and taught by Patti Tjomsland on January 29, 2016 in Salt Lake City at the Hampton Inn & Suites – Airport;
- Purchase books, e-books and/or audiobooks highlighted in seminar and;
- Plan at least one teen program featuring the highlighted books by May 15, 2016.
The Utah State Library will pay for all ten grant recipients to attend the What’s New in Young Adult Literature Seminar.
Grantees will be notified by by January 11, 2016.
The Teen Literature mini grant will result in staff:
- Recognizing and respecting the reading tastes and educational needs of teens
- Expanding library services and materials to teens
- Providing an opportunity to engage teens in your library through new books
The Teen Literature mini grant recipient will:
- Attend the “What’s New in Young Adult Literature” seminar on January 29, 2016 in Salt Lake City.
- Purchase teen materials highlighted in the seminar to add to your library’s collection.
- Plan and conduct at least one teen program using books purchased through mini-grant no later than May 15, 2016.
- Acknowledge in the publicity the source of the funds for the mini grant. A suggested acknowledgement is: Funds for this project were provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through the Library Services and Technology Act and were administered by the Utah State Library Division, under the Utah Department of Heritage & Arts.
- Conduct a brief survey of teen program attendees.
- Fill out and submit an evaluation by June 15, 2016.
For more information or assistance contact:Sharon Deeds
Youth Services Coordinator
(801) 715-6742 or (800) 662-9150 (Utah toll-free)