2017 ARSL Grant Information
Application Deadline: May 15, 2017, 11:30 PM
The Utah State Library is offering a grant to pay for attendance to the Association for Rural and Small Libraries (ARSL) Conference, September 7-9, 2017 in St. George, UT. It may also include the preconference on September 6, 2017.
This grant covers conference registration, a one year membership to ARSL, and travel expenses excepting car rental, up to $1,000 total.
The Utah State Library (USL) offers the UPLIFT Professional Excellence Grant to persons employed in Utah libraries for advancing the knowledge, skills, and abilities of individual library employees to better serve their patrons.
Applicant must be a library director, library staff, or trustee in a small or rural public library or a tribal library in Utah.
This grant round is limited to attendance at the Association of Rural and Small Libraries (ARSL) to be held in in St. George, UT on September 7-9, 2017, preconference September 6.
USL pays for registration, ARSL membership, lodging, meals, and transportation expenses excluding car rental. The maximum award is up to $1,000 per individual. Applicant must complete the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA).
The USL and the Library Services Technology Act (LSTA) fund these grants. Recipients are required to acknowledge USL and LSTA when undertaking and promoting grant supported activities.
Grant recipients agree to evaluate this experience using the Claim Form provided by USL.
- Apply online
- Applications are due by 11:30 pm on May 15, 2017.
- Utah State Library Division staff reviews the applications and gives recommendations to the Division Director. Decisions are made based upon the merits of the application. The Division notifies applicants of the decision within 15 days of the review date and sends out a memorandum of agreement (MOA) for signatures.
- The grant recipient returns the signed MOA, and all attachments, to Julie Anderson of the State Library, 801-715-6797, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The grant recipient submits financial receipts and the Claim Form and Final Report Form document to the Utah State Library Division by October 1, 2017.
- Attendees will be required to share what they learned with the larger Utah library community within one year:
- Present information you learned in an online training session sponsored by the State Library (Jessica Whetman will help with this)
- Submit a short review for use on the State Library’s social media pages
- Present at ULA or another Utah library conference
- Provide training at your library that others from neighboring libraries may attend
For more information or for assistance in the grant process, contact:Jessica Whetman
(801) 715-6762 or (800) 662-9150 (Utah toll-free)