About • 2017 • Past Events
October 16, 2017
9:00 am-1:30 pm
South Towne Exposition Center
9575 South State Street
Sandy, Utah 84070
The Multicultural Youth Leadership Summit is an annual event for 7th, 8th and 9th grade students and educators, hosted by the Utah Office of Multicultural Affairs and supports Governor Gary R. Herbert’s ’66 by 2020′ college and career ready initiative. This engaging and dynamic one-day program aims to motivate all students to pursue higher education and become leaders of Utah.
The mission of the Utah Office of Multicultural Affairs
is to promote an inclusive climate for Utah’s multicultural communities.
● Target Audience: Students, parents, educators, community leaders
● Grades: 7, 8, 9
● Group size: One or more adult chaperones for every 25 student group; maximum of 100 students per school
● Registration: Required before October 9, click here
● Conference prep: Yes; 10 minute Parent_Questionnaire; email completed survey and/or submit hard copies at the check-in table; the Utah Office of Multicultural Affairs collects student data to determine if the division is reaching a diverse group of students; participation is voluntary and information is kept confidential.
● Cost: Free; includes complimentary light breakfast and lunch
● Program length: Check in at 8:00 am; depart at 1:30 pm
● Agenda: 2017_Agenda
● Parking: Free; map; school buses are allowed to drop off students and park in the north lot of the building.
● Exhibitors: Located in the foyer upon entering Exhibit Hall 4
● Contact: Rozanna Benally-Sagg, email@example.com, 801-245-7210; Jenny Hor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-245-7214
● We are seeking 25 volunteers for the day of the event
● Those interested may sign up at: https://goo.gl/forms/5AOWTTwXL7G2EI6N2
● Volunteer recruitment will end on Monday, October 9
MORE YOUTH LEADERSHIP
● Leadership brochure: Learn more by clicking, Youth_Leadership_Brochure
Dr. Marc Babitz
Dr. Forrest Crawford
Dr. Tino Nyawelo
Edward Thompson Jr.