2016/2017 Funding Cycle Timeline
- RFP notification Info to stakeholders — February 19, 2016
- RFP outreach workshops — statewide — March 22 – April 1, 2016
- Submit notice of Intent to Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org — April 11, 2016
- Submit Formula concept paper by email to email@example.com — May 16, 2016 5:00 pm (MST)
- Formula review for submitted applications — May 17, 2016 – June 10, 2016
- Final decision letters to applicants — June 17, 2016
- Successful applicants complete full online application — June 27, 2016
- Selected programs begin operations — La
te Summer/Early Fall 2016
2016 AmeriCorps Funding Opportunity
The Utah Commission on Service and Volunteerism will be accepting applications for the operation of Utah State*AmeriCorps programs. AmeriCorps provides support to nonprofits, community organizations, and public agencies committed to addressing critical issues in areas such as education, public safety, health, economic opportunity, the environment and other human needs. Grantees and sponsoring organizations are responsible for recruiting, selecting, and managing members. Program operation will begin in Fall 2016.
The application process will be explained in detail in mandatory AmeriCorps Funding Technical Assistance Meetings. Those interested in applying must attend one meeting:
2016 Funding Technical Assistance Meetings
March 22 – 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM @ Utah State Library: 250 North 1950 West, Salt Lake City, UT
March 25 – 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM @ Pleasant Valley Library Boardroom, 5568 S. Adams Ave.
Washington Terrace, Utah 84405
March 30 – 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM @ Provo City Library Room 201: 550 N University Ave, Provo, UT 84601
April 1 – 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM Online Webinar. Contact Katie Barlow at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on joining the meeting.
To reserve a space, please contact Erin Jemison at email@example.com
- Notice of Funding Availability (pdf)
- Instructions for submitting the General Assessment Questionnaire
- General Assessment Questionnaire
- 2015 AmeriCorps RFP Training Presentation
- AmeriCorps General Provisions
Instructions for submitting the General Assessment Questionnaire
Organizations and agencies that have not previously received AmeriCorps grant funding from UServeUtah must complete the General Assessment Questinnaire. This certification is to assure UServeUtah that the contracted agency has adequate administrative procedures in place to ensure that funds disbursed by UServeUtah will be safeguarded as required by federal regulations. UServeUtah reserves the right to conduct on-site monitoring of contracted service providers as it deems necessary.
- Please complete all questions on the form.
- The General Assessment Questionnaire must be submitted in electronic format by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 16, 2016 at 5:00 pm (MST).
- Include copies of the following documents:
- Organizational Chart
- Resumes and position descriptions for all grant and fiscal management staff to contribute to the AmeriCorps program
- Financial policies and procedures
- Confirmation of insurance coverage
- Most recent audited financial statements