2017/2018 Funding Cycle Timeline
- RFP notification info to stakeholders — February 28, 2017
- RFP outreach workshops — statewide — March 29 – April 7, 2017
- Submit notice of intent to apply by email to Corynn Benoit at email@example.com — April 19, 2017
- Submit formula concept paper by email to Corynn Benoit at firstname.lastname@example.org — May 19, 2017 5:00 pm (MST)
- Formula review for submitted applications — May 20, 2016 – June 9, 2017
- Final decision letters to applicants — June 13, 2017
- Successful applicants complete full online application — June 22, 2017
- Selected programs begin operations — La
te Summer/Early Fall 2017
2017 AmeriCorps Funding Opportunity
UServeUtah, the Utah Commission on Service and Volunteerism, will be accepting applications for the operation of Utah State AmeriCorps programs. AmeriCorps provides support to nonprofits, community organizations, and public agencies committed to addressing critical issues in areas such as education, public safety, health, economic opportunity, the environment, and other human needs. Grantees and sponsoring organizations are responsible for recruiting, selecting, and managing members. New programs selected through this process will begin operation in the fall of 2017.
The application process will be explained in detail in mandatory AmeriCorps Funding Technical Assistance Meetings. Those interested in applying must attend one of the following meetings:
March 29 – Provo, UT
1:00 – 4:00 PM @ Provo City Library Rm 309, 550 North University Ave.
April 3 – Salt Lake City, UT
1:00 – 4:00 PM PM @ Utah State Library Rm 219, 250 North 1950 West
April 5 – Ogden, UT
1:00 – 4:00 PM @ Pleasant Valley Branch Boardroom, Weber County Library, 5568 South 500 East
April 7 – Webinar
RSVP for Webinar Information
To reserve a space for any these meetings, please contact Corynn Benoit at email@example.com.
- Notice of Funding Availability (pdf)
- Instructions for Submitting the General Assessment Questionnaire
- General Assessment Questionnaire
- AmeriCorps General Provisions
Instructions for submitting the General Assessment Questionnaire
Organizations and agencies that have not previously received AmeriCorps grant funding from UServeUtah must complete the General Assessment Questinnaire. This certification is to assure UServeUtah that the contracted agency has adequate administrative procedures in place to ensure that funds disbursed by UServeUtah will be safeguarded as required by federal regulations. UServeUtah reserves the right to conduct on-site monitoring of contracted service providers as it deems necessary.
- Please complete all questions on the form.
- The General Assessment Questionnaire must be submitted in electronic format by e-mail to Corynn Benoit at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 19, 2017, at 5:00 pm (MST).
- Include copies of the following documents:
- Organizational Chart
- Resumes and position descriptions for all grant and fiscal management staff to contribute to the AmeriCorps program
- Financial policies and procedures
- Confirmation of insurance coverage
- Most recent audited financial statements